Field Service Technician
Company: Morris & Associates, Inc.
Title: Field Service Technician II
Location: Garner, NC – Headquarters
Position: Full Time
Our Service Team supports our customers/partners in a range of environments. Meat Processing Plants, Bagged Ice Facilities, Seafood Ports and Nuclear Power Plants are just a few of the environments we support.
• Clean Driving Record
• Experienced with 3 phase motor control systems
• Experienced in refrigeration maintenance & troubleshooting, to include ammonia systems
• Ability to weld stainless steel and aluminum. Pressure vessel certification is a plus
• Able to trouble-shoot electrical and PLC control systems
• Able to safely replace mechanical and electrical components including motors, motor starters, switches, solenoids, pumps, refrigeration valves, VFD’s, and compressors
• Able to respond to unplanned breakdowns with a sense of urgency
• Read and understand blue-prints, electrical drawings and construction job layouts
• Practiced in safe work habits
• A team player with obvious enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work
• Self-starter, dedicated to continuous quality improvement
• Ability to work independent of direct supervision
• Comfortable working in a frequent travel environment
• Skilled in customer communication including the ability to gain the trust of the customer
• Proficient in written and verbal communication skills
• Computer and smartphone use skills, including filing reports from the field
• Ability and willingness to travel and support international customers
• Possess a valid travel passport or ability to obtain one post-employment
Relocation to North Carolina not necessary
Must be able to pass a Drug Screen and Background Check
• Sitting. Up to 10 hours per day.
• Standing. Up to 10 hours per day.
• Walking. Up to 6 hours per day.
• Lifting. Up to 50 lbs. (20x per day)
• Phone/Keyboard Use. Up to 4 hours per day.